clear sky
Sat 04/13
50°F
MENU
MENU

Hyland House Museum

Hyland House Museum

Admission is charged

National Register of Historic Places

Hyland House is named for George Hyland, the original owner-settler who bought the land in 1657. The two-story saltbox structure was built in 1713 by Hyland’s son-in-law Isaac Parmelee. Hyland House is one of New England’s oldest historic house museums. The Dorothy Whitfield Historic Society purchased the House in 1916 and opened it to the public as a museum in 1918.

500 Years of History – Hyland House